Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of First grade...

First of all, on the FIRST day of FIRST grade... God greeted me with this on the way to work this morning...


Pretty hard to have a bad day when you get to enjoy some great alone time with Him on the way, all the while He's showing his majesty.

So... how did it go?

FABULOUS.

To be honest, I'm less tired today then I have been any other first day.  I don't know why that is.  I was certainly more nervous, but also more prepared.  But also, my expectations were low as far as what they could/should really do.  This way, I wasn't really frustrated.

What a precious group...  Sweet sweet angels who still love being at school.  They still are trying REALLY hard to make a good impression.  And, if they don't really know something, it's not that big a deal, I'll go ahead and try anyway.

After lots of practice for recess and lunch, they both went smoothly (honestly, not much happened before that.)  After that, we went back, read a story and talked about rules.  They find the NO, DAVID series quite hilarious ;)  Fine Arts went off without a hitch and then back to class for another story and end our day.  Gee, did I actually DO anything?

I'm sure I did, although it didn't feel like today.

Highlight/quote of the day:  "Mrs. Sandefer, can I give you a hug???"  I know it seems silly, but third graders would NEVER say that, on a good day, nor would they offer to give me one.  It kind of suprised me at the sweetness, wanting to GIVE me a hug instead of "I NEED a hug."  I know, simple difference but it meant the world to me.

So, tomorrow is day TWO of FIRST Grade and I can't wait to see what they can do.  Their little writing is all at different levels, but yet all the same.  Pretty amazing day if you ask me.

Thank you Lord for a wonderful day in light of all the other things going on right now. I know You have a special plan and I'm honored to be a part of it...

2 comments:

  1. I went over rules, procedures, etc with my 8th graders today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First grade... I'm kinda out of the loop -- what a great place for you. So glad to see the Lord's mercy covering you as you go.

    ReplyDelete