Monday, July 13, 2009

mmmm, dinner

So while I'm not a gourmet chef, I'm fairly decent at preparing meals that my whole family will eat somewhat willingly. Eli has his moments being three and Paul, well is limited, shall we say, with his veggies. Eli would certainly prefer chicken nuggets and fries each night, however, we must vary from that menu quite often. In light of all that, I made a hit last night!!

Much to my surprise I had discovered that Eli loves glazed carrots. Random, I know but he eats them up. I made those: one can of sliced carrots, drained the juice, add some juice from a can of mandarin oranges and some brwon sugar and set that to simmer. yum! We used the oranges as a side for the boys.

Next, grilled chicken. I found a "Roasted Red Pepper italian" by kraft that I mix one to one with mayo and let marinate for about a 1/2 hour before grilling. I have never been a fan of mayo on the grill, but this stuff is GREAT. Paul has mastered grilling chicken and it was the best we had ever eaten last night. So with out chicken rice a roni, glazed carrots, chicken and a few oranges, Eli ate two whole plates... and so did OWEN!! Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment